If you need a title loan but have an out of state title, you may be wondering whether you can get a title loan with an out of state title. The good news is that car title loans could potentially be available with an out-of-state title loan, as long as you have a residence in the state to which your title is registered to.
At Max Cash® Title Loans, we can help you connect with title loan lenders all across the United States.5
What if I Just Moved to Another State, and I Have an Out of State Title?
If you just moved to another state, and find yourself in need of emergency cash through a car title loan, you will need to register that vehicle to that new state that you now reside in.
Registering your car’s title is simple and can be done at any of your state’s local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Each state may work a little differently with its requirements so check them out before heading over or getting started with an online application.
Once you get there, you will have to complete an application for the registration of the vehicle. Some states may give you the option to fill out this application online and submit it. You will most likely need to describe the car’s make, model, year when it was purchased, whether it is bought or new, and the VIN.
When filling out an application for registration, you may need to provide:
- Proof of residency in the new state
- Original title and registration from the previous residence
- An applicable tax-form
- A way to pay for the registration fee.
Keep in mind that some of these requirements may vary depending on the state you are registering your vehicle to and from.
What Can Be Used as Proof of Residence When Applying with an Out of State Title?
Lenders will accept a variety of documents for proof of income. Potential borrowers can use:
- Mail to your Address
- Bank Statements
- Utility Bills
- A Lease Agreement or Mortgage Agreement
Talk to a specific lender, about their application process, and about what documents can be used for proof of residence.
What Else Do I Need if I Want a Car Title Loan?
There are a few other documents you will need in addition to having your qualifying car title in your name when you apply for a car title loan. For example:
- Photos of the front, back, and sides of vehicle
- Proof of residence (certain pieces of mail)
- Proof of income
- Government-issued photo I.D. (driver’s license, state I.D., etc.)
What Could I Use as Proof of Income for a Car Title Loan?
Don’t think that the only document you could use to show proof of income for a car title loan is a recent pay stub. There are a number of great ways you could demonstrate your ability to pay your loan back:
- Social Security
- Settlement/Court-Ordered Award
- Workers’ Compensation
You will need a copy of your car title to get a car title loan. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to get a new copy from the DMV. Depending on the DMV you go to, they may be able to expedite the new copy of your car title.
Can I Get a Car Title Loan if I Don’t Have My Car Title?
The helpful staff at Max Cash Title Loans may be able to direct you to the nearest DMV capable of assisting you with an expedited title. In certain circumstances, they may even be able to help you directly with your new car title.
How Exactly Do Car Title Loans Work for Fast Cash?
For those who are unfamiliar with title loans, it will be helpful to know how these loans work. Unlike personal loans or credit cards, title loans make it possible to get approved even with a low credit score, or bad credit history.
Loan amount will be based on income, and the value of the vehicle. You could be approved for a small loan, or a large one. Title loans work by using the borrower’s vehicle as collateral. When the loan is taken out the lender will become the lienholder for the car’s title.
What Happens if I Can’t Pay My Car Title Loan Back?
Borrowers who fail to make the payments on their car title loan run the risk of having their car repossessed. Each state has their own specific procedures that lenders need to follow, but they are generally the same. When a borrower misses enough payments to go into default, the lender may be required to send them a right to cure notice.
This informs them of any grace period they have during which they could repay the entire loan. Once any applicable grace period elapses, the borrower’s car is eligible to be repossessed by the lender.
Once the lender has the car in their possession, they normally auction it off in an effort to recoup the outstanding loan. Sometimes this is the end of the relationship between the lender and the borrower. In certain states, if the auction doesn’t raise enough money to cover the loan, and any associated fees, interests, etc., the lender could continue to pursue the borrower for payment. In other states, any surplus from the auction must be returned to the borrower.
Why Work with Max Cash Title Loans?
When working with Max Cash Title Loans you will be treated with the utmost care. We have been providing financial solutions for people across the United States, for over a decade. 5 Here are a few advantages that come with working with Max Cash Title Loans.
- Refinance may be an option.
- Competitive Interest Rates —the interest rates for the title loans that we service come with highly competitive interest rates.4
- Superior Customer Service—when working with our team for financial assistance, there will always be someone to ask questions. We are here every day of the week, even on Sunday!
- No Hidden Fees3 4 —When working with our network, there are no hidden fees. 3
- Short Term or Long-Term Repayment4—whether you need a short-term loan or something longer, the lenders we work with may be able to accommodate. 4
- Low monthly payments 4
- Flexibility—our team makes it easy to make it easy to reach out, find out eligibility, and make payments.
- Ease, Speed, and Accessibility —the initial title loan inquiry takes a few minutes, and the entire title loan process itself, could take as little as thirty minutes.5 Our loan agents will do all of the hard work.
- Honesty and Transparency—the loan agents servicing car title loans will always be transparent, and honest. When working with them, you will know exactly what kind of process/contract you are getting into, along with the important details of it.
What Will the Process Look Like When Working with Max Cash Title Loans?
The process when working with us, involves three simple steps, here they are:
• Step 1: Apply Online or Over the Phone— begin with a title loan by reaching out to our team.
• Step 2: Find Out Eligibility— a loan agent will talk to you about the next steps of the loan process. Send in some documents and find out approval with an actual title loan lender.
• Step 3: Get Funding— once a loan agreement is set up, reviewed, and signed, get your cash!1 2 Have funds mailed, picked up at a local MoneyGram, or sent straight to your bank account.
As you can see, the process can be extremely simple, and quick. All kinds of vehicles are accepted for title loans and anyone can inquire about these loans. For more information check out our FAQ page.
Apply for an Online Car Title Loan
Thinking of getting a title loan? Get started right away! One of the best places to start is with Max Cash Title Loans.