Like any other kind of debt, if you have a title loan, you may be looking to pay it off ASAP if possible. The good news is that with the right approach, you could pay off your online title loan, in a way that fits your current financial needs.
Generally, most people will find themselves in one of two categories— one being, that they are okay with their loan terms and can make their monthly payments but want to work on paying off their loan faster.
While others may find that their online title loan is too costly or just not a good fit any more for their finances. No matter category you may fall into, there are ways to go about things, so you can reach that goal of paying off your online title loan.
I Am Able to Afford my Online Car Title Loan, and Just Want to Pay it Off Faster.
This is actually not a bad spot to be in when compared to other potential situations. Let’s say that you took out a title loan and can make your monthly minimum payments without any major issues. But, maybe the repayment length, or the interest rates may be making it so you will have this debt for a long time. In this scenario there are a few things that you may be able to do:
- Make extra payments on your auto title loan — if you have the funding to do So, you may be able to pay off the majority or even the entire remaining balance on your loan. However, not all title loan lenders will provide this flexibility without fees to the borrowers.
- Refinance your existing loan— for those who are finding that it is the interest rates that are causing their short-term loan to become a long one, you may want to consider refinancing your loan. Refinancing essentially is when you take out a new loan, in order to pay off an existing one. Ideally this loan would have a better annual percentage rate (APR) and allow you to pay off the loan faster.
What If I Cannot Make Payments or Pay Off my Online Title Loan?
This is another scenario that you may find yourself in with any loan. The first thing that you need to do is let your lender know about you cannot make the payment or payments on the due date. This is not just helpful for them, but it can help prevent repossession of your vehicle in the long run.
In most cases, an existing financial institution will provide some kind of options in order to get a payment made. But what happens when you know you can’t continue with complete repayment because of loss of income or simply high interest/ a large monthly payment on the loan?
This is where refinancing may be able to help. As mentioned above a new loan can be taken out, one that makes it possible for repayment on your budget.
What Loan Types Can be Used to Pay off an Online Title Loan?
There are all kinds of loans that can be used for refinancing an existing title loan, including another title loan! Here are a few examples of those loan types:
- Payday loans — payday loans are short term lending that make it possible to get a small range of funding for an emergency. Borrowers don’t need to have a credit check, as bad credit is okay. The funds are secured through the borrower’s paycheck—which may mean providing your bank account information. Although payday loans are fast and flexible, they come with high fees, and could just make paying back your debt even more difficult.
- Personal loans— personal loans can be available online, at a bank, credit union, or through a private lender. For those who have good credit, interest rates and monthly payments can be flexible.
- Credit cards— another option to think about is using a balance transfer on a credit card. However, this may not be an option for everyone, you will need to have a good to excellent credit score in order to be approved for a loan amount.
What About Another Title Loan?
As mentioned above a title loan can definitely be used to pay of an existing one. However, because of the many options out there it may be hard to find competitive interest rates and repayment terms that you need, especially if you need cash quickly!
The good news is that Max Cash® Title Loans has already done that search work for you to come up with a marketplace that compiles all of these title loan lenders. And even though we are an unaffiliated third party, we can help answer any questions or concerns you may have along the way.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect when working with our network of online lenders:
- A completely online application and application process that can be done from home.
- Payment plans that can be short term of long term.4
- Prepayment without any penalties3
- No hidden fees3
- Interest rates that are competitive4
- low monthly payments4
What Do I Need When Applying?
When applying for an online title loan it will be helpful to have the following documents:
- A driver’s license or state photo ID
- Proof of income
- Proof of residency
- A clear title (you may still be eligible if your vehicle title has a lien on it)
- 3 references
- Several pictures of the vehicle
- Proof of car insurance.
When you need a new car title loan online to pay off your old one, Max Cash Title Loans is the best place to start. Filling out an application only takes a few minutes, and our financial services are free to you! To find out more about our process and how it works, check out our FAQ page.
No matter why you may want to pay off an online title loan, there are options to go about it! If possible, choose to make your payments early, or pay off the entire loan right away. For those who cannot afford to make their payments, or want to pay off terms that are faster, refinancing their online title loan may be the way to go.