Important Notice Regarding Your Privacy Rights
Effective Date: [3/16/2023]
Last Revised: [3/16/2023]
The term “Personal Information” in this notice includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
This notice applies to prospective, current, and former visitors and customers (“you” or “Customers”). Our general purpose is to connect you with lenders and loan servicers (“Lenders”) so that you may find financial products and services that may interest you. To do this, we may also work with companies that collect inquiries from you and share such inquiries with us, and we may share your information with other companies that help connect you with other financial products and services (collectively, “Partners”). Our Partners comprise companies that collect inquiries from individuals online and send those inquiries to us to match individuals to the requested financial products and services.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18, and no one under the age of 18 may provide us with Personal Information. Our Platforms is not intended for children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will delete that Personal Information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information about a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
Personal Information We Maintain or Collect
The information that we collect about you is mostly collected directly from you or a Partner when you request a financial product online or by phone. We may collect the following Personal Information about you:
|Category||Examples and Sources|
|Contact information||Your name, phone number, email address, and postal address. We collect this information directly from you and our Partners.|
|Identification information*||We collect this information directly from you and our Partners when you fill out form or request more information about financial products or services.|
|Financial information||Information about your income and assets, including your home and vehicle. We collect this information directly from you and our Partners when you fill out form or request more information about financial products or services.|
|Employment information||Your source of income, salary, and employer. We collect this information directly from you and our Partners when you fill out form or request more information about financial products or services.|
|Demographic information||Your age, date of birth. We collect this information directly from you and our Partners when you fill out form or request more information about financial products or services.|
|Audio information||Audio recordings of your conversations with the Company’s or a Partner’s representatives in connection with your inquiry regarding financial products.|
|Commercial information||We collect information about the products in which you are or may be interested, including information entered into financial product applications, as provided by you, our Partners, or our marketing partners. We also collect information regarding your purchase of financial products, including the type of product purchased and the corresponding Lender.|
|Internet or other similar network activity||We collect information on your web-based interaction with the Platforms. This may include the site you came from before visiting our website and the site you went to after leaving our website, duration of browsing session, pages viewed on our website, device ID, and IP address. We automatically collect this information from you using cookies and other web tracking technologies.|
We retain the above categories of Personal Information for as long as reasonably necessary to achieve the business purposes for which they were collected. Our general business purpose is to connect you with Lenders and facilitate the sale of financial products and services.
Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect and disclose Personal Information to identify you, confirm facts about you, facilitate the delivery financial products and services to you, help us assess requests for financial products and services, connect you with Lenders, and assist in the servicing of your financial product. We also collect and disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operate, maintain, improve, and protect our Platforms, including processing your requests.
- Communicate with you regarding your inquiries, our Platforms, and financial products or services that may interest you, including tailoring such communications to your potential interests or contacting you regarding this notice or our Platforms.
- Develop new features, products, or services, including analyzing our own existing Platforms or products or services.
- Comply with legal obligations and protect, assess, or assert the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may disclose some or all of the Personal Information that is described above as follows:
- With Lenders, such as banks and other lending institutions to connect you with products or services that you request or may interest you. We receive payments from Lenders and Partners for our services in connecting you to Lenders or Partners.
- With our affiliated companies to assist in our everyday operations.
- With Partners who may match you with products or services that you request or may interest you and to track the fulfillment of services to you.
- We may also share, as may be required or permitted by law, information about your loan to credit reporting agencies, government agencies, law enforcement, or other parties pursuant to legal process or to assist a government investigation or law enforcement.
- With our attorneys, consultants, or similar advisors to assess or assert our legal or business interests.
- With our service providers that help us operate, improve, maintain, and protect our services and the Platforms. This includes third-party data analytics providers that may collect Personal Information about you over time and across different websites, applications, and devices for the purposes of targeted advertising.
- Within the context of a merger, reorganization, asset transfer, bankruptcy, or similar business transaction, where all or a portion of the Company or its assets, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to a third party.
Protection of Information and Security Procedures
We restrict access to Personal Information about you to our employees or affiliates who need this information to provide services to you and to otherwise service your accounts with us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state standards to guard your Personal Information. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting appropriate encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing Personal Information transmitted to or from us.
Please note that our Platforms may provide links to third party sites not controlled by us. We suggest that you check the privacy notices of any site before providing any personally identifiable information to the site operator.
What Are Cookies
A “cookie” is a small line of text that is stored within your browser when you visit a cookie-enabled website. As you browse websites or other platforms, cookie-enabled sites will send cookies to your browser, along with pages. Your browser probably has options that will let you control whether the browser accepts cookies, rejects cookies, or notifies you each time a cookie is sent to you.
If your browser is set to reject cookies, cookie-enabled websites may not recognize you when you return, which will affect a website’s ability to offer you customized services.
If your browser is set to accept cookies, any cookies that are sent to your browser are stored in your computer for a period of time. There are a few different types of cookies. A “session” cookie is stored only in your computer’s working memory and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all of your browser’s windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever. A “permanent” cookie is stored on your computer’s hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Permanent cookies stay on your computer until either a) they expire, b) they are overwritten with newer cookies, c) you manually remove them.
We use permanent cookies to supply visitors to our site with a customized experience. We also use session cookies to customize your experience during a session, to aid in your navigation and use of the Platforms, and to develop generic metrics for the Platforms and other similar uses.
AdRoll and Other Third-Party Marketing Cookies
AdRoll is a 3rd party re-marketing company that allows us to target ads to you. AdRoll cookies, and similar tracking technologies from other data analytics, social media companies, or advertising networks, track your activity across time and other websites and platforms. We use these technologies for marketing and advertising purposes to better understand your potential interests and customize our content or offers to you.
You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from AdRoll by visiting the NAI website opt-out page here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or the DAA opt-out page here: http://www.aboutads.info/ or, for EU users, the EDAA opt-out page here: http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
Additionally, depending on your place of residence, you may have more rights related to these tracking technologies. For more information about these rights, please see the below section.
Rights Regarding Personal Information
You may have the right to limit our sharing of your Personal Information, except as permitted by law, by completing and returning the opt-out notice that was provided to you via email.
You may also opt out of our marketing or promotional communications by following the instructions included with such messaging or by completing the following form.
Additionally, based on your place of residence (including California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and Utah), you may have the following rights to your Personal Information:
- Right to Access and Obtain a Copy: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if requested, provide you with a copy of all Personal information you are lawfully entitled to receive along with certain other details. In addition, you may request to know the types of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, and the categories of Personal Information we share with them.
- Right to Amend: If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that we correct or complete it. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Information so you can contact them directly.
- Right to Delete: You may request that we delete or remove your Personal Information. If we shared your Personal Information with others, we will tell them about the erasure as directed by law.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You may ask us to restrict or block the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if we process Personal Information that is considered “sensitive” under applicable state laws in certain contexts, or engage in automated decision-making.
- Right to Opt Out of Targeted Advertising: Targeted advertising is the practice of serving you tailored advertisements based your Personal Information gathered across other businesses, websites, applications, or services. You may request that we opt out of this practice with respect.
- Right to Opt Out of Sales: You may request that we not sell your Personal Information. Some states may consider targeted advertising a “sale” of Personal Information.
- Right to Non-discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights, but we may charge a reasonable fee as permitted by law in fulfilling these rights, such as if you request multiple copies of your Personal Information.
If you or your authorized agent wish to exercise any of the above, please contact us by following the steps below in “Contact Information” or by clicking here. Before responding to your request, we may require additional information from you to verify your identity or clarify your specific request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in compliance with applicable law. Where appropriate, we will work with third parties in order to fulfil your request.
If we deny your information-related request, you may have the right to appeal the decision with us. If you would like to appeal a prior decision, please submit an appeal request to us using the contact information listed at the end of this notice. Please include “Appeal” in your request and information that will help us locate your prior request. Additionally, you may have the ability to contact your state’s attorney general if you have concerns about the results of the appeal.
Additional Notice to California Residents
In the past 12 months, we have collected the Personal Information described above, and disclosed it to the third parties for the reasons identified above, as listed in “Sharing of Personal Information” and “Why We Collect Personal Information.” The Personal Information listed in “Personal Information We Maintain or Collect” falls into the following categories under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
- Categories of Personal Information described in section 1798.80(e) of the California civil code
- Commercial information
- Audio, electronic, or visual information
- Internet or electronic network activity information
- Professional or employment-related information
We engage in targeted advertising and receive payment from Lenders and Partners for our services in connecting you to Lenders or Partners, which may be considered “sales” or “shares” of Personal Information according to the CCPA. Accordingly, in the last 12 months, we may have “sold” or “shared” the above categories of your Personal Information with third-party data analytics providers, marketing/advertising networks, and Lenders and Partners.If you wish to request to opt out of this use of your information, click here:Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
Changes to Our Policy
If you have questions about our information practices or would like to submit any requests to exercise rights or options listed in this notice, you may contact us by writing to us at:
4835 E Cactus Rd Suite 430, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.